The Development Coordinator is a part of an institutional strategy and development office within Appalshop’s CORE administrative team. This position will work closely with Appalshop’s Executive Director, the Institutional Development Director, Financial Director, and multiple Program Directors. The Development Coordinator is part of the Development Office.
The Development Coordinator will focus on the fundraising and development activities of Appalshop. With a specific eye towards assisting Program Directors, the Development Coordinator will work closely on private foundation and public agency sources. The position will work in tandem with the Executive Director and Institutional Development Director to create and carry out an organizational fundraising plan. This position will be a face of Appalshop, representing the organization in a variety of regional and national settings.
- Work closely with the Institutional Development Director and Executive Director on creating and carrying out Appalshop’s fundraising plan
- Lead institutional grant proposal writing and reporting processes with input and approval from the Institutional Development Director
- Seek out new grant opportunities
- Assist Program Directors on project-specific proposal and reporting processes as needed, including writing, editing, budget creation, etc.
- Create and maintain relationships with private foundation representatives
- Participate in the tracking and filing of grant related documents and tasks
- Serve as a representative of Appalshop at funder meetings and fundraising events
- Carry out annual appeal tasks as directed, including updates to Appalshop on donor rating sites
- Be an active member of the CORE team, assisting or even leading on institutional projects
- Work collaboratively with Appalshop Program Directors and funders to help decide and create new initiatives for Appalshop’s artistic endeavors
- Seek out and act as Appalshop’s link to various professional or regional networks
- Encourage and often lead ad hoc teams for cross-project collaboration, acting as facilitator or task manager
- Engage in endowment disbursement activity within the organization, identifying new and better ways for these funds to work best for the organization
- The candidate will have grant-writing experience
- The candidate will be a fast learner with great organizational, interpersonal, writing, and prioritization skills
- The candidate will be comfortable with Microsoft Office, cloud-based sharing, and financial reports
- The candidate should have at least two years of development experience, preferred in the arts or culture sector
- The candidate should understand the role of community-based arts institutions
- The candidate should be able to work well independently and in teams
- The candidate should have the ability to travel
The Development Coordinator is a year-round, full-time salaried position in Whitesburg, Kentucky in a salary range of $40-43,000 with full paid benefits.
Appalshop is an equal opportunity employer, and its employment policies and practices are applicable to all employees without regard to race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, creed, disability or national origin.
To apply for this position: Please submit a resume, cover letter, a past grant proposal, and list three references to [email protected]